SPDI Service Categories
Independent Security Officer Training
The Security Professional Development Institute provides comprehensive training courses from entry level security professionals to senior level security managers. We engage every student during our training sessions to prepare security personnel with the required training to fulfill requirements ranging from basic security program requirements to career progression goals. Our training focuses on providing the training required for effective performance of routine law enforcement officer, corrections officer or private security duties.
Security Force Training
The Security Professional Development Institute is able to provide customized training for security agencies for contract start-ups, periodic refresher and/or remedial training requirements. At the client’s request, we are able to develop a customized curriculum to fulfill specific contractual requirements, company mandated training standards and licensing agency maintenance requirements. We are able to provide top quality training to your security company in our state of the art facility or at your designated facility. We provide mobile training services for companies that request on-site training or opt for first-hand observation of our training program. Furthermore, we are prepared to serve as your full-scale training department performing all support functions from cradle to grave. SPDI is also able to refer fully trained employment candidates to client agencies.
Proprietary Security Force Training
The Security Professional Development Institute is able to provide customized training for non-security agencies with proprietary security personnel in the areas of periodic refresher and/or remedial training requirements. Based on organization and industry requirements, we will develop a customized curriculum to ensure fulfillment of company mandated training standards and licensing agency maintenance requirements, if deemed applicable. We are able to provide top quality training to non-security companies with in-house security programs in our state of the art facility or at your designated facility. We provide mobile training services for companies that request on-site training or opt for first-hand observation of our training program. Our training services also include full-scope provision of training department support functions. SPDI is also able to refer fully trained employment candidates to client agencies.
Licensing Support Services
The Security Professional
Development Institute will provide the required licensing support services to
assist security personnel to obtain credentialing within a respective
jurisdiction. Support services include,
but are not limited to the following:
1. Notary Public Services: SPDI will serve
as an official of integrity appointed by state government —typically by the
secretary of state — to serve the public as an impartial witness in performing
a variety of official fraud-deterrent acts related to the signing of important credentialing
2. Fingerprinting Services: SPDI provides referral to computerized fingerprinting services for students who require a background investigation for their particular state registration/license. Computerized fingerprinting enables capturing of fingerprints electronically, without the use of ink and paper fingerprint cards.
3. Passport Photo Services: SPDI provides photographic services to those students who require passport size photographs for the particular state registration/license. The photographs that are taken for the student meet all requirements for the specific state program.
NOTE: SPDI will not sponsor security personnel for licensing and credentials.
Career Placement Assistance Program
SPDI is networked with the major, reputable security service agencies in the National Capital Region. We will refer our graduates for employment with security agencies in and out of our primary network.
1. Job Search Techniques Workshop: We will present training to our students on how to use the internet to search for specific career opportunities. A roster of security agencies with various employment opportunities will be made accessible to our graduates.
2. Interview Preparations: We will conduct a training session on best practices to follow to make a favorable impression during an interview. Mock interviews will be conducted for real-life.
applications to build student’s confidence. Emphasis will be placed on conducting company research, acceptable interview attire, early arrival to interview, conduct during interview and follow up contact.
3. Resume Review: We will conduct a review and make recommendations for revision of student’s resume to ensure optimum marketability for a prospective employer.
Note: SPDI explicitly advises that offers of employment are not guaranteed
Career Advancement Workshops
SPDI also offers Supervisor Development Workshop to prepare graduates for the transition from entry-level security professional to supervisory positions. This workshop also meets the required standards for supervisory positions within the Federal Security Officer Program. SPDI will offer continuous career advancement training on hard and soft skills. Furthermore, available future opportunities may also be presented to SPDI graduates beyond the initial employment obtained after graduation.
Graduate of SPDI are automatically enrolled into our lifetime membership program. As security professionals, refresher courses will be required on a periodic basis ranging from every 6 to 24 months depending on the individual certification. Lifetime Members are eligible for a 25% discount on all future training obtained through the Security Professional Development Institute.